Pages

Thursday 26 May 2016

I hope Room 7's compost will decompose quickly!

On Monday 23rd May, Miss Chao decided that Room 7 would make our class compost. She had a container filled with grass clippings. It was filled half way up to the top.

Miss Chao split us into four groups. Two groups had to go outside and collect twigs,and leaves, while the other two groups had to cut food scrap into little pieces so that they would decompose quickly.

When the two groups went outside, we ran like flash to Room 5L because there were a lot of leaves outside their class.We filled up our bag with leaves, then we ran back to class.

When we got back, Miss Chao called us to go inside. The other group brought some twig and some leaves, we brought back a lot of leaves.

Then my teacher told the two groups to help the other groups.I helped the people who were ripping up newspaper and they told me not to rip any paper with ink on it.

After that Miss Chao went to get a plastic trowel and a garden fork. She said, "These are for digging and stirring the compost". Then she told the two groups to cut the twigs and leaves using scissors. She only gave us three minutes to finishes that. When we had combined everything together, we all had a turn using the trowel or the garden fork to stir.

I like Room 7s compost, it smells like broccoli and I hope it decomposes quickly.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount to write about Room 7 making compost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.