Pages

Thursday 2 June 2016

What a tough game!

On Saturday 28th of May, I woke up at seven o'clock and my brother woke up even earlier than me at six o'clock I thought I heard someone knocking at the so I rushed to the door and realised that it was my dad so I opened the door for him.

Then I called my brother to come to the kitchen so we can have breakfast together. After that I went outside to look for my socks and pant in the garage because they were hung out there to dry. When I was going back, I saw my dad and he told me to go inside and watch a rugby video.

When I got inside, my brother had already started playing the video, I called out to play hard and try to run and score a try. You can bump other players in this game because this is a boys game game so you can't play soft.

Then my dad, mother, brother and I went in the car to go to my rugby game at the Varsity club. Before we started, I said to myself, "It's game time and I will try to play harder today!" Once we were all on the field, both teams went to the referee and then the captains went to the referees to decide who would have the ball first. We won and we wanted to kick the ball so we got the ball in the second half.

When they caught the ball, they broke through our tough defence but my half back caught up and tackled the guy down. Then they scored a try so in the first half, they scored six tries but we didn't score any tries.

I was out for 20 minutes in the second half I practised with my friends. We practised passing, running and tackling straight after the practise, I went to watch my team. Five minutes later, I went back into play and I had to switch positions with the right wing on my team. Soon the other team scored  a try and this was the last try. In the second half, they scored three tries. We have not beaten this team for three years in a roll.

This team was a challenging team for us to beat. My team has to work hard  on our defence and try to make greater passings to each other. Next time, I have to try my best to tackle the person with the ball.


Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount: introduction, events and conclusion to write about my rugby game on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.