Pages

Monday 23 May 2016

I didn't know I was playing full field!

Early Saturday morning, I woke up and I heard my mum, uncle and auntie talking outside. I went to the living room and saw my cousin awake as well, so I asked him, "Should we have some breakfast?" He replied, "Yes."

When we were eating our breakfast, my uncle taught us some of the moves that he learnt when he was a teenager back in college. Then he told us to hit his back, so when I went to hit his back, I hit it so hard that my shoulder felt really sore afterwards.

When I got there with my mum, dad, and my brother, we were really early because we arrived at 8:30. So my dad, my brother and I went for a walk around the field to try and find my brother's team.

When we found his team, I decided to join in and play with them.

After half an hour, I went to find my mum in the car to get my rugby gear so that I could get changed.

Then I went back to George and by the time I got back, his game had already started. I called out for my mum and my dad to join me because I didn't want them to miss out on his game. I didn't get to see George score a try.

Soon I found my team and my coach said "Go around the side of the field to build up your fitness!" My game started after George's game. His game finished at ten o'clock.

When I caught the ball, I was sprinting like a cheetah, I dodged three people then I was stomping on the field. I dived at the five meter line, then my other friend scored the try.

Before long, it was halftime and we had scored three tries and the other team had only scored one try.

After that, my coach told me to have a rest for the rest of the game.

The other team nearly got a try in the last minute of the game, but instead my friend in my team got the last try. The second half we scored one try but the other team didn't score any tries.

I like playing rugby with my team because it's good to build up my fitness.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in my recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use 14 appropriate adjectives to describe my rugby game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.