Pages

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Netball is good for building our fitness!

 On Friday the 13th, after morning tea we had our second Netball session. Our Coaches names were Tina and Lisa. Tina taught us to turn our hips to get away from the defender in Netball.

First, we practised turning our hips and driving forward instead of moving from side to side.Then we had to pair up and my partner was Soane. One of us was the defender and the other was an attacker. I was the defender first and Soane was the attacker. He had to dodge me and I was defending him. 

Then it was my turn and when I dodged him, however my head was moving instead of my hips. After that they were saying that when they were at the other school they played a game so they wanted us to play the game she played with the other school. When our number was called out, we had to grab the basketball and then pass it to everyone on our team. After we had done that, we had to run to the hoop and take a shot. Whichever team got a shot in the hoop got a point for their team. We had the most points so we won.

My favourite part was playing against the other team because it was a lot of fun passing the ball to my whole team and shooting the ball into the hoop.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of recount to write about my second Netball session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.