Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Wow! This team was tough!

On Saturday 18th of June, I had a game against Carlton Black. We lost the last time we versed them last year. It was hold close to Mission Bay and the city.

When I woke up that morning I went to the computer and checked a website that my older cousin had shown me. I found my team and we were versing Carlton Black. I knew that this was going to be a tough game. After checking who we were playing against, I went to wake my brother up. I put on my rugby gear. When my brother and I were ready, I woke my mum up so that she could drop me off to the rugby club.

I was two minutes late and they were just leaving when I arrived. I told them that I had lost my mouth guard was lost so they gave me a new one to keep. It was colour green. On our way to Cornwall park I went with my coach, my mate and his mum (who also is the manager of the team) to Cornwall park.

At Cornwall park we did some warm ups like passing, driving and tackling then 12 minutes later the game started. The other team had some tall people who might be hard to take down. When both teams got on the field I knew that this game was going to be tough. We kicked the ball and when they caught it the player passed it to the other player next to him and he ran towards me and I tackled him out on the try line. I was shocked because he was on the try but I took him out just in time. Then they ran through our defence and scored a try. They kicked the ball but it didn't go through the goal post. When we kicked the ball they came close and they scored another try.

The score was two to zero. Our coach said to us, "You guys are asleep on the field, why did we come to this game?" My team said, "To play!" Then my team went on the field for the second half and this time we scored two tries and they scored the last try. So in total the score was three to two.

My faouritepart was when my team worked harder during the second half of the game and scored two tries. We did not win because we lost by one point but we played our best.
Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use the language features of a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I group the events of my weekend in order.

2 comments:

  1. Awww..Christian you really did try hard at all game..as well I notice that you been trying hard focus on writing your story..I'm so proud of you son and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting story Christian..yes it was a tough game at least everyone did their best. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.