Pages

Friday 17 June 2016

I was not expecting my team to verse the Ponsonby Black Ponies!

On Saturday 11th o June, It was a sunny day. My brother woke up early and got changed into his rugby gear. But he straight away went to the PC and played games while waiting for my mum to wake up.

When the time got to 8:48, I woke my mum up to drop me off at the rugby club so my team mate and his mum could give me a ride to Western Springs because we were playing rugby there, later on the day.

Then we went to Sacred Heart to watch my team mate's brothers game where they versed St.Kentigern College. We saw on the other side of the field another Scared Heart team but they were an older team. When we were leaving, I saw my friend from school watching his older brother's game.

After that, we went to Western Springs because my team had an away game. I went with my team mate and his mum because my mum had to take my brother to his game in Remuera. We were stuck in traffic so we decided to chew some gum. We saw the Motat when we were close to Western Springs.We were versing Ponsonby black ponies, I thought it was the same team as last week but it wasn't.

When the game started, I told my team to play hard and play as a team. The other team kicked the ball and my team called for the ball.My team's defences were really good because we were able to go through their defence. When my team mate got the ball, our right wing ran and scored a try. Soon there was an outline, the kicker for our team kicked the ball and I ran for the ball. I kicked it and my team mate ran as fast as he could but the halftime whistle blew and we scored one try in the first half and the other team didn't score any goals.

The coach benched me in the second half and the other team scored a try. I told my team to play harder this time and my team scored a try.

My favourite part was watching Sacred Heart verses St Kents so I can learn from their mistakes and improve my game. 

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use the language features of a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I group my events in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.