Pages

Sunday 3 July 2016

I wish I got the try?

Early on Saturday morning, I went to the kitchen and I heard my uncle, aunties and my mum talking. They had been up all night having a barbeque.

I went to the living room and my cousin was awake and so I asked him if we should have some breakfast. I was feeling a bit nervous about my rugby game so we both watched some rugby stars in the computer.

Then my uncle came inside and taught us some moves that he had learnt when he was a teenager. When my uncle was teaching us, my shoulder was hurting because I banged my shoulder into his back by accident when we were doing the moves.

When we got to the field near our club area, I saw my brothers coach and friend so I joined in and played with George's team.

The team looked two times smaller than George but they are really fast and strong. Soon after I went to my mum in the car and told her "I will try hard" and then I went to George.

All of a sudden, his game was about to start and I quickly called  my mum and dad to come and join me because the game was starting. The other team scored the first try, then we scored the try. Before long, I saw my team so I grabbed my rugby gear and went to join my team mates.

First we did some stretches to warm up. Then we went and threw some passing drills and some running drills. Soon the game started and I was feeling a bit nervous when I got on the field so I pretended to be a person that is  running away from a lion.

When I was running with the ball, I bumped off three people and then I stumbled from the 40 metre line to the 5 metre line. I was so close to the try line with the ball so my team mate was able to score a try.

In the second half of the game, I was put on the bench to have some rest. When it was close to full time, my team mate Noah scored the try and the whole team was happy. Then the kicker kicked the ball through the goal. The player for the day was my team mate because he tried really hard and dislocated his shoulder. I didn't score a try but my brother scored a try.

It was the first time that I didn't score any tries but I still had a very happy game.
Learning intention: We are learning to understand the language features of a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write my events of my rugby game in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.